Atlético remains half

The rojiblanco team drew against Betis and accused the numerous casualties they had. Correa and Vitolo had the victory in the final moments.


Atlético drew against Betis in a game that started winning and that in the end had to accept the point achieved. Simeone's team continues to lead, but it suffered from the numerous casualties it had for the match. They were joined by João Félix, who had to retire injured as soon as the second half began. Atlético did not cause danger after the break, although in the last minutes Correa, in a very clear opportunity, and Vitolo, were able to make it 1-2. The rojiblancos need to recover players to continue in the fight for the title. Atlético regains the lead, but remains halfway.

Atlético soon got what they were looking for. Five minutes later he took the lead thanks to a goal from Carrasco after a ball chased by Correa and ended up in the boots of the Belgian, who calmly made it 0-1. Simeone's team, with the last minute loss of Lemar, caused danger every time it reached the Bravo area. Atlético started with faith, with strength, with determination, putting rhythm into the match, with Correa as the most advanced player. Betis, for their part, put technically well-endowed footballers on the pitch, with Joaquín on one side, Ruibal on the other, with Tello, Fekir and Canales looking to tickle the rojiblanca defense. Without a fixed 9, Betis also brought danger every time they approached the vicinity of the Oblak area.

Simeone's men, with Saúl and Koke escorting Herrera, were able to score the 0-2 through Saúl, they did not do it and Betis the one that tied the match in a good action from Tello. Practically in the first arrival it would be the Verdiblanco team equalized the contest.

Atlético had to get back to work, with Correa and Carrasco as the most incisive players, one leading the way and the other entering from the left wing. The meeting entered a phase in which there was an exchange of blows. Atlético gave the impression of carrying more danger and was able to score due to a casting from Correa that Álex Moreno took out of a miracle. But Betis also had their chance with an arrival from Emerson and with Carrasco as a final savior. And right after the Belgian spliced a ball out for very little. Without Luis Suárez or Borja Iglesias, without intimidating players, both teams showed danger in the vicinity of the area. A rare match in this regard.

The start of the second half did not bring good news for Atlético, as João Félix was injured. The Portuguese hurt himself on the last play of the first half and tried to prove himself and continue, but it was impossible. He is no longer going for an Atlético with hardly any offensive variants, without Suárez, Llorente, Dembélé, Lemar, now João Félix ... Torreira entered and Saúl advanced his position. João Félix had not had a great match but he was especially active when trying to combine with his teammates.

Betis had their best minutes and did so playing against, with spaces ahead. Pellegrini's team continued to hurt Atlético with Fekir's speed. In one of their arrivals, Betis was able to make second and Oblak had already stopped a header from Emerson in a set piece. The local team understood the rojiblancas deficiencies in the midfield forward and went for the game. Lainez, recently entered by Ruibal, put Oblak to the test again, but the Slovenian sent for a corner.

The match was complicated for the Madrid team, who lost control of the game and did not reach Bravo's goal. In the final stretch, Trippier was injured and Vrsaljko entered, so Atlético finished with an eleven full of substitute players. The Cholo team barely reached the rival goal, although they had the winning goal in Correa's boots in the last seconds but Bravo took the shot. Even Vitolo was able to score in the last minute. The Madrid team had to settle for the point, clearly insufficient.

Photos from
Powered by Blogger.