El Rayo is rehabilitated at the expense of Real Zaragoza

The Aragonese team led the half hour with two goals ahead, but their serious defensive errors favored the franjirroja comeback.


Rayo Vallecano was reunited with victory at the expense of Real Zaragoza that took two goals ahead of half an hour, but favored the comeback of his rival with three serious defensive errors. Iraola's team, which had not won in Vallecas since January 2, remains sixth, renewing its aspirations for promotion in the 'playoff', while Zaragoza once again becomes empty of a displacement and continues with the water to neck, waiting for the day to be completed.

El Rayo presented the news in his rear of Mario Hernández and Saveljilch, to the detriment of Advíncula and Iván Martos, while Juan Ignacio Martínez gave entry to Eguaras by James Igbekeme and maintained the 4-4-2 disposition that he premiered against Tenerife, with Narváez and Álex Alegría as attacking partners. A tactical move that returned to yield initial benefits.

The first warning of the game was given by Álvaro García, when at six minutes, perhaps helping himself by the hand, he finished high and crossed next to the left post of Cristian Álvarez, but the one who opened the scoring was Zaragoza, with a right hand from Narváez that a splendid action by Vigaray culminated. It was the eighth goal of the Colombian forward, who, much more participatory, ended a streak of five games without scoring and demonstrated the wisdom of moving him from the left wing to the center of the area.

The 0-1 gave space and tranquility to the Aragonese team against a disconnected Ray that only disturbed in a couple of actions from set pieces. After half an hour came the 0-2, in a manual counterattack between Bermejo and Zapater, which Álvaro García introduced in his own goal when trying to avoid Nieto's frank shot against Dimitrievski, a goal that was born from a corner against Zaragoza and which highlighted the defensive fragility of the whole to Iraola.

Zaragoza still had one more chance to have the duel sentenced, but Zapater's shot, in his best first half with Zaragoza in several years, skimmed the left post. The Portuguese Baby, the most prominent of the locals, gave an immediate response with a cannon shot from outside the area that crashed into the post, warning of what was to come.

And when Rayo was having the worst time, unable to get a grip on Zaragoza, he reached the edge of the break on 2-1 in a direct free kick from 25 meters that Baby executed with the power of a howitzer and ended up surprising a badly positioned Cristian Álvarez and that, in addition, he did not place his barrier well. A great goal, but with the collaboration of the goalkeeper.

The second half began with a great play by Narváez that Bermejo ruined with everything in his favor, but the one that returned to score was Rayo, when the central Catena took advantage of a defective header from Jair, after a cross by Fran García from the left band. Tie at two in minute 49 and new game.

Narváez, from outside the area, was the next to try his luck, but the one who was closest to the goal was Andrés Martín with a whip that hit the crossbar and ended up saving Nieto.

Iraola moved his bench in the 65th minute, giving entry to the Frenchman Qasmi for Guerrero, a maneuver to which JIM responded with the entrance of James for an off Chavarría, a change that preceded by seconds the third goal of Rayo, when Álvaro García resolved with an exquisite Vaseline a short assignment from Vigaray to Cristian Álvarez. Again a fatal error by the Zaragoza defense, very nervous in this period of the match.

In desperation, JIM played the tricks of Peybernes and Iván Azón for an unknown Jair and an exhausted Zapater, but the game was already decided and Zaragoza saw how a game they thought they had won was going. And to top it all, Francés saw the fifth yellow card of the first cycle at the last minute, so it will be low against Mirandés.

Photos from as.com
Powered by Blogger.