Carreño withdraws against Dimitrov due to an abdominal injury

Pablo Carreño was unable to complete his third-round match against Bulgarian Dimitrov due to an abdominal injury that he had dragged from the ATP Cup.

Carreño-withdraws-against-Dimitrov-due-to-an-abdominal-injury

Pablo Carreño said goodbye this Friday to the Australian Open because of an abdominal injury that had been dragging on for a few days. The Asturian's multiple errors in a first set that he lost 6-0 to Grigor Dimitrov set off alarms, because it was not normal for a tennis player of his quality and consistency not to be able to win a single game.

Carreño requested a medical time-out and spoke with the tournament specialists about his discomfort. Then he tried to compete at the beginning of the second round, but was not able to face this disadvantage against a rival of the Bulgarian category, who will be the one who plays in the round of 16 against the winner of the duel between Nick Kyrgios and Dominic Thiem . The scoreboard reflected a resounding 6-0 and 1-0 break for Dimitrov, when the Spaniard announced that he could not continue and explained it to his opponent, with whom he had the balance tied at three victories. "I think there is no break," said the Gijón.

An abdominal injury prevented him from competing four years ago in the quarterfinals against Rafa Nadal and he also had to leave the match. It is a recurring problem in his career, which bothered him a few days ago during the ATP Cup tie against Greece, when he gave up playing the doubles with Marcel Granollers and had a bandage in the area. Pablo was in good shape, leading to a quarter-finalist at Roland Garros and a semifinalist at the US Open last year.

Calendar and results



Photos from as.com
Powered by Blogger.