Zverev confirms that he has tested negative for coronavirus

The German had some symptoms of COVID-19 in the hours leading up to his elimination at Roland Garros. "I'm negative," he confirmed after seeing the results.

Zverev-confirms-that-he-has-tested-negative-for-coronavirus

German tennis player Alexander Zverev confirmed on Monday that he had tested negative in the coronavirus test he had undergone after being eliminated at Roland Garros and after ensuring that he had played against Italian Jannik Sinner with a fever and cough.

"They gave me the result today and I am negative. I do not have the coronavirus," Zverev told 'Eurosport', thus appeasing any fear in the 'bubble' of the Parisian 'Grand Slam '

The 23-year-old from Hamburg, a finalist last month at the US Open, said at a press conference following his round of 16 loss to Sinner that he had caught a cold and had a fever before the game. This sparked the debate on whether, with the outlook with COVID-19 and the sanitary measures imposed by the organizers of Roland Garros, he should have been allowed to play, although from the tournament they clarified that they were not informed at any time.



Photos from as.com
Powered by Blogger.