Vincenzo Nibali confirms that he will run the Tour de France

Speaking to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Italian cyclist from Bahrain-Merida said he will race the Grande Boucle although he does not know if he will play the general classification.


Vincenzo Nibali already looks at the Tour de France after his great Tour of Italy, where only the great performance of the Ecuadorian Richard Carapaz prevented him from adding his third Trophy Senza Fine to his showcases to finish second in the general classification.

In statements to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Italian cyclist confirmed that he will take the start in Brussels on July 6, although he does not know if he will play the general. "It will depend on my condition, I'm not just going to fight the general classification, we'll see, my idea is to focus on winning stages and, possibly, the red jersey of the mountain. I've spent a lot of energy in this Giro" .

Nibali He already doubled Giro-Tour in 2016, an experience that can serve as a reference. The Sicilian won the pink corsair after the fall of Kruijswijk and an exhibition in the last stage although the efforts ended him leaving invoice in the Tour, where he said goodbye to the general in the stage of Le Lioran and tried to be a protagonist in the leaks to search stage wins. Nibalia also wants to get rid of the thorn of the Tour last year, when an amateur went to the ground on the climb to Alpe d'Huez and forced him to leave when he was in full fight for the general.



Photos from as.com
Powered by Blogger.